Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tool #2

Tool #2 definitely gives me a better idea of how this blog may be useful. I completed both options to establish a PLN: commenting on colleagues' blogs and creating a Google Reader account. Google Reader is incredibly useful! I only have to open one page to see posts from every blog that I follow. I can choose to view all the posts from just one blog, or look at the most recent posts of every blog to which I have subscribed. As far as participating in an online community, I enjoy being able to see the thoughts and ideas of other teachers not only in the state of Texas, but all over the country! I can connect instantly to anyone to come up with new lesson plans or solutions to problems that I may have trouble addressing. Sharing my thoughts publicly is a bit daunting, but I am comfortable providing my expertise to others who may not have direct contact with me. Every one can benefit from the knowledge of others in the teaching profession. In the future, I can see myself visiting Pinterest (http://pinterest.com). I have heard how useful it can be to share interests using its "bulletin board" format, and I look forward to experimenting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment